1. Femicare, Center of prenatal ultrasonographic diagnostics, Martin, Slovak republic. Catholic University in Ruzomberok, Faculty of Health Care, Ruzomberok, Slovak Republic
2. 1. gyn. pôr. klinika LF SZU a Univerzitná nemocnica Bratislava, Kramáre; Slovak Republic.
A 27-year-old woman was sent to our unit at 16 weeks of gestation due to dilated cerebral ventricles. Our ultrasonographic examination revealed the following findings:
- dilatation of the lateral cerebral ventricles, third and fourth cerebral ventricle;
- agenesis vermis cerebelli;
- agenesis of the corpus callosum.
The findings were consistent with the diagnosis of the Dandy-Walker syndrome. The parents opted for the termination of the pregnancy.
Images 1-9: 15 weeks and 4 days of gestation - Dandy-Walker syndrome; the images show series of sagittal and transverse 2D scans of the fetal head with dilatation of the lateral cerebral ventricles, third and fourth cerebral ventricle, and agenesis of the cerebellar vermis (CH - cerebellar hemispheres, 4V - fourth cerebral ventricle).